YOUR LOCAL POLICE TEAM
Covering Anlaby, Willerby and Kirk Ella:
PC Neil Fraser
PCSO Jessica Watts
PCSO Charlotte Houghton
PCSO Gareth Sewell
Also working out of Kirk Ella, but covering Cottingham and Brough are:
PCSO Barbara Danby
PCSO Mike Dale
FROM YOUR LOCAL POLICE TEAM
Don’t make your home an easy target for burglars, many burglaries are crimes of opportunity. A burglar only needs to spot an open window, unlocked side gate or dodgy security alarm to make their move.
• Check that all the doors and windows are locked – even if you are only popping out for a minute.
• Make sure that neither house keys or car keys are in sight or easy reach of windows and doors, and that you don’t leave them in an obvious place in the house.
• Don’t hide spare keys outside, or in garages or sheds.
• Don’t leave ladders or tools outside, which someone could use to get into the house.
• Ensure valuables such as laptops can’t be seen from the window.
• Don’t leave cash lying around or any documents with your name, address or other personal details (such as bank statements or bills) that fraudsters could use.
• If you’re going on holiday, arrange for a friend or neighbour to collect the post and put the bins out.
Stay safe and keep vigilant!
Safe Places - Hull, East Riding and Lincolnshire
Humberside Police has launched Safe Places across Hull and East Riding and North Lincolnshire.
Safe Places is designed to help those with Dementia or other limiting problems to identify places and people who can be of assistance and can be trusted. They might be lost and not know where they are or how to get home or someone might have physical problems and need assistance.
To learn more about Safe Places, copy and paste the following link into your browser:
If you have a family member or friend or neighbour who has dementia or other limiting problems, please pass the word that help is at hand if someone goes missing.
MESSAGES FROM YOUR LOCAL POLICE TEAM
Please can I remind all residents to remove valuables from display in vehicles and ensure that your vehicle is locked and secure. We do have thieves operating in the area trying door handles of cars and entering them and stealing valuables.
Please can I remind everybody about ensuring all doors and windows are secure. Reason behind this is not because we had a report of any house burglaries but due to the nice weather we are having this weekend people will be in gardens, people will have windows open. Please be aware they are still opportunist thieves who will take advantage of the good weather knowing what people do in relation to their security. So please don’t be a victim!
Just a quick email to make you all aware that particularly within the Hessle and Ferriby areas there have been a number of reported Theft of Garden Furniture offences where unknown persons have attended either front or rear gardens and stolen table and chair sets.
Please make yourself aware of this. Be vigilant, report any suspicious circumstances and consider chaining your table and chairs together whilst they are not in use.
Consider marking up your furniture with an identifying marking, ideally post code, I would suggest waterproof paint or something similar under the chairs, an area where the marking is unlikely to be found by the thief.